Reporting Services Subscriptions in "Pending" Status

Ran into this issue today. A subscription that had been working failed. Looking at it in the RS portal it had a status of “pending” Not helpful! I tested the report, looked at the datasources, and the subscription, it all looked good. It was only when I stepped through the subscription wizard and hit Finish that I got the error that the owner couldn’t be authenticated. Aha!

I used the script from Tip: Change the Owner of SQL Reporting Services Subscription to change the owner (I used builtinadmins, but it’s up to you), then re-ran the subscription job and all was well.

And just in case I need it again, the script to find the jobs that execute the subscriptions:

SELECT
jobs.name AS JobName,
C.path AS ReportPath,
C.name AS ReportName,
u.username AS SubscriptionOwner
FROM dbo.ReportSchedule RS
JOIN msdb.dbo.sysjobs jobs
ON CONVERT(varchar(36), RS.ScheduleID) = jobs.name
INNER JOIN dbo.Subscriptions S
ON RS.SubscriptionID = S.SubscriptionID
INNER JOIN dbo.Catalog C
ON s.report_oid = C.itemid
INNER JOIN dbo.users u
ON s.ownerid = u.userid