If you’re attending the 2010 Summit and are interested in helping improve SQLSaturday, I hope you’ll register and attend our RoundTable (pwd=Wyoming) on Monday morning. I’ve invited the past/current event leaders and it’s now open to anyone that is interested. What follows are some of the topics I hope to discuss during the two hour meeting. No deck, this is a working meeting!
- Tweaking the SQLSaturday culture
- Focus on new/local speakers
- Taking care of speakers that travel
- Capturing lessons learned
- Small events are ok, as are days other than Sat
- Paid Seminars on Fri
- Speaker gifts/shirts
- Update and discussion of how we’re doing at about 6 months into the PASS adoption of SQLSaturday
- Expectations for HQ
- Why we follow up
- Ideas for improvements to the public facing web site as well as the administrative tools
- How to better communicate ideas and changes, and how often
- Plans for 2011
- Trying to reach all 50 states
- Starting to look at international markets
- National blog sponsors
- Group purchase of SQLSaturday branded items – worth trying?
- Future of the Advisory Council – continue, modify, disband?
- SQLSat wiki
- Other stuff I (or you) think of!
What do I hope to end up with?
A good understanding of how you think we are doing and what we can do better/next to help you (the proverbial list).
What do I hope you end up with?
A better idea of the impact that you’re making on PASS and the community (and not just the local community) and a sense of where we should be going as a group, and a stronger network from meeting others involved with SQLSaturday.