- Good crowd, well organized
- Took down registration early, perhaps 10 am, and that confused a few late(r) attendees (I like to keep the table staffed until after lunch, not just for check-in but also as a focal point if someone needs assistance)
- Lunch was Jason’s Deli. Simple, good.
- More staffing companies as sponsors this year, fewer tool/solution vendors on site (I think this will be the trend going forward)
- Biggest sorta-fail of my presentation career, I was doing a session on Profiler and didn’t realize it was running on a date limited edition of the engine. Luckily I was able to borrow a laptop and continue. Painful.
- Attended a session on Kubernetes and one on Docker, both remain interesting if not a big focus for DBA’s.
2 thoughts on “Notes on Orlando Code Camp 2018”
K8s will be a big focus for DBAs going forward. You heard it here first 🙂
Why? Not that Im doubting you, but value of automation aside, I’m not sure it changes my world a lot?
Comments are closed.