I just spent a few minutes reviewing the 2015 PASS budget, things that I noticed:
- Anticipating a change in revenue of 1.1 million. That seems…optimistic
- IT spend is now $550k, up $150k over 2014. Probably good, but what are we doing with that? Ah, the budget doesn’t say
- Chapter spend is reduced $50k, from $141k to $92k. I’d really like to know why
- Special Projects (which is a catch-all) changed from $64k to $496k….why?
- SQLRally Global decreased $42k to $24k for 2015. That doesn’t seem like much, but maybe its not needed
- BAC numbers for 2015 are basically even. I’d expect growth. Is BAC stalled?
- Budget shows a deficit of $112k. Not bad on $9 million, but still
- Management and overhead is $815k. Maybe that’s ok. Wish it was split out
- SQLSaturday sponsorship decreased to $31,500. Why? Aren’t we growing more events?
It’s not exciting reading, but worth a look, especially if you plan to run for the Board sometime, or care about where the current Board is focusing.