I just paused our first LinkedIn campaign, the one that was based on a functional area of IT in the Orlando area. We had one registration that had “LinkedIn” as the source, so we’ll say we converted 1 click to a registration for certain, possibly a few more. If all nine converted – unlikely – we’re at $4.55 per click. At $5/click I’d think spending $500 to add a 100 registrations would be worth doing. At $40/click, well, probably not. The first two images below show the first campaign. The third image shows the new campaign, this one based on job titles. The number of “dba-ish” titles was less than a 1000, so I added some developer titles to get the count up for 2500. I’ve set it for impressions with a $5 per 1000 bid and a $10/day cap. We’ll run this through Monday and decide if we should continue. One more note; I hacked at the job titles using their suggestions, but events have job titles for this year and previous years, probably worth doing a distinct on those and seeing if any interesting variations turn up.
Even if we stop later this week we may turn it back on about 10 days out when we can push the ‘register now’ message with a little more urgency and realism.