I have a tendency to carry more than I need, the equivalent of the Batman Utility Belt. I just went through and did some pruning, tried to get back to the basics:
- Laptop. My E6500 for now. Love the machine, wish it was lighter. Looking with awe at the ultrabooks coming out, debating how much horsepower I really need. Probably less than I think I do.
- Charger for the laptop. Wish it was smaller and lighter.
- Business cards in the leather holder from SQLSaturday #21, plus extras
- Earbud headphones
- Laptop cable lock. Cheap one from Belkin, works ok. I don’t use often, but hate to not have it.
- USB cable with micro/mini option. Use to charge my phone and bluetooth headset.
- 110V USB adapter. Just added this one, so I can use the same USB cable above. Like the pivot feature.
- 8G Flash Drive. It’s tied to the bag with a small lanyard, trying to lose fewer of them.
- Extra pen
- Aspirin and assorted vitamins in a small bottle
All packed in my Maxpedition bag, which so far is living up to the branding of being hard use gear!
For trips I usually also have a book and some magazines, and a bottle of water. I’ve debated adding a 110V splitter plug,sometimes power at airports is hard to find,but mostly I’ve gotten by and hate to add one more thing.
Anything I’m missing? What should I remove?