Just a few notes about things I’m doing over the next few months:
- July 30 – Attending SQLSaturday Birmingham. I went to their first one and had to skip last year, great to have time to go back to see one of my favorite SQL groups
- Aug 13 – Making my annual trek to South Florida for SQLSaturday. It’s two for one, we have a PASS Board meeting on Thurs/Fri, then many of us will be staying for the event.
- Sep 24- I’ll be speaking and helping out with lunch at our own SQLSaturday here in Orlando. Not being the key organizer this year means I’ll get to spend more time meeting local attendees (not that I won’t miss having a hand in everything now and then!)
- Oct 9-14. I’m planning to arrive on Sunday for the start of the PASS Summit, and with luck will be flying home late on Friday night. Steve & I will be repeating the networking party that we did last year, this time on Monday night, more on that soon, but it will be 6:30 – 9 pm on Oct 10th. I’m presenting one session during the week and on a panel discussion hosted by Brian Moran as well.
- Nov 1-3. I’ll be presenting at SQL Connections for the first time as part of the SQLServerCentral track. Due to many other commitments I won’t be able to be there the entire week, but looking forward to seeing how Connections has evolved, it’s been a while since I attended.
- Nov 5th. I’ll be speaking at the SQLSaturday BI Edition in Tampa, which also means a mini-holiday with family and probably a burger at the Green Iguana.
- Dec TBA – my only plans are to attend if I can the xmas parties of oPASS and MagicPASS.
As I look at that list I’m doing better ok on sticking to my goal of one (and only one) event per month. I think for next year I’m going to try to pay more attention to the post Summit schedule, need time after the Summit to recharge and catch up at work.