I’m doing the final and somewhat hectic work of preparing for the trip to Seattle for the PASS Summit. It’ll be good to get done what has to be done, and put all the rest in the ‘when I get back’ pile!
My focus on the Summit is about people and networking, though I don’t want to totally neglect technical learning. Lots of old friends to catch up with, lots of new friends yet to meet. It’s hard to figure out when and where to meet everyone, so I’m publishing my schedule and if you have time to talk, catch me at one of these places!
- Arriving in Seattle via Alaska Airlines at 11:50 am, and headed to the Sheraton to check-in.
- After that I’ll be wandering, checking in with PASS HQ and having coffee somewhere
- From 6-8 pm I’m hosting a dinner/meet up at Lowell’s that is open to all Summit attendees. It’s pay your own, have appetizers or dinner or just drinks, and enjoy the waterfront view. If you plan to attend please register so we can let you know about any changes, and so others can see who is attending.
- I’ll be at Top Pot Doughnuts for morning coffee around 7 am. Good doughnuts, great coffee, about a 10 minute walk from the Sheraton.
- From 10 am to noon I’m leading the SQLSaturday RoundTable meeting. I’ve invited the event leaders and anyone else that is interested to come discuss what we can do better and where we are going in the next year. See the rough agenda here. If you’re planning to attend please register so that we can make sure we have a seat for you.
- At 2:30 I’ll be introducing Don Gabor to the PASS volunteers. Don will be teaching a one hour session about networking to our volunteers, a way to say “thank you” to them for their work and it’s also a way to get them ready for the week ahead, get them thinking about networking and how to facilitate it.
- From 4:30 to 6:30 pm I’ll be an attendee at the Networking to Build Business Contacts by Don Gabor. It’s $70, and entirely worth it. You’ll get to learn about networking and do some networking.
- Overlapping a bit, at 6:00 pm I’ll joining the group for the 30 minute orientation we’re hosting this year for first time attendees.
- At 6:30 I’ll be at the opening night Welcome Reception
- 8:15 to 10 am I’ll be at the keynote, probably down front with the rest of the Board of Directors and wishing I could be at the blogger table instead of balancing a laptop!
- From 11:30 to 1 (lunch) I’ll be hosting a table at the MVP Birds of a Feather lunch. I’ll have room for 8 to join me, and we’ll be talking about Statistics and anything else that comes up. I’d love to meet you, hope you’ll join me or one of the other 50 professionals hosting a table at this event.
- From 1:30 to 2:30 I’ll be delivering my presentation Introduction to Statistics. It’s an introductory level discussion of statistics, how they get created, used, and maintained. Hope you’ll attend!
- From 3-4 pm I’ll be in the Meet the Bloggers area, chatting with whoever drops by, talking about blogging, blogs, networking, and whatever else that comes up.
- Keynote from 8:15 to 10
- From 1:30 to 2:30 I’ll be presenting Building a Comprehensive Professional Development Plan
- I’ll be back in the Meet the Bloggers area from 3-4 pm
- Keynote from 8:15 to 10, including the grand announcement about the upcoming event in Orlando in May 2011 which you may have heard about it and probably know the name, but the launch is during the keynote!
- I’ll be at the oPASS table for the Chapter lunch from 11:30 to 1
- I’ll be at half day Board meeting to catch up on PASS business and review plan for early 2011
- I’m flying home at 10:45 pm via Alaska Air
That leaves a few gaps in my schedule, in particular figuring out dinner plans for Tuesday and Wednesday. I may join a group, or form one of my own, waiting to see what comes up on the After Hours page.
I’ll try to update my location on Twitter through out the day (@SQLAndy) as well. Hope to see you!